[OSM-dev] generate_xml.py not generating osm.xml file?

Sajjad Anwar sajjadkm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 15:23:32 BST 2010

Taking the freedom to post the email that skipped the list

From: Ákos Maróy <akos at maroy.hu>
Date: Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] generate_xml.py not generating osm.xml file?
To: Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm at gmail.com>

Sajjad,

> I think you have misunderstood the purpose of generate_xml.py
> generate_xml.py as far as I understand is to prepare the osm dataset (by
> default osm.xml) ready for rendering. It fetches the style sheets,
> symbol information etc and modifies the dataset to create the new osm.xml
>
> The README coming with mapnik also explains its use.

thanks for the answer.

I did read the README file, but this seems to be a catch-22 here. if it
uses osm.xml itself to generate osm.xml - how do you initially create
the first osm.xml, from the style sheets / templates?

Akos

--
Sajjad Anwar | http://geohackers.in | Blog: http://sajjad.in | Twitter:
geohacker