[OSM-dev] size of apidb

Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. marco.lechner at fossgis.de
Fri Aug 27 19:50:19 BST 2010

Am 27.08.2010 09:25, schrieb Tom Hughes:
> On 27/08/10 07:53, Marco Lechner - FOSSGIS e.V. wrote:
>
>> What is or"where can i get the recent size of the OSM-apidb?
>
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/smaug.openstreetmap/postgres_size_openstreetmap.html
>

> Tom

Hm, I'm a little bit wondering.

Munin reports about 1.2 TB fot the whole Api-DB.
If I calculate the size of the full-history-dump (unpacked about 338 GB)
and add the size of the planet-file (unpacked about 155 GB) for the
current_tables I get a sum of less the 500 GB. Let's add some GB for
Indexes and things like email-adresses and passwords of the users.
How can the ApiDB be about twice the size? Of course it's not o.k to
compare a file with a relational database, but comparing the DB with a
space-wasting XML-file?

I'm confused and asking for enlightenment.

Marco