[OSM-dev] Help - Colombia Crisis - Import data from shp files

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Dec 5 20:44:32 GMT 2010

Hi,

Mike Dupont wrote:
> please give us a few days to check this, there is only so much we can
> do with the small computers and bandwidth. If two people are working
> on two areas next to each other, we can afford to have a duplicate way
> between them until we can resolve that when both uploads are finished.

I don't think that administrative boundaries are needed *so* urgently
that one has to upload first and then check later. As you know, our
database keeps the history of everything - so any node that is first
uploaded and then deleted eats up two slots in the history table. It's
not the end of the world but it is completely unnecessary...

Bye
Frederik