[OSM-dev] Improved osm2shp

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Dec 22 07:55:41 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 08:44:41AM +0100, Peter Körner wrote:
> Am 20.12.2010 23:27, schrieb Stephan Plepelits:
>> I wrote a preprocessor for osm2shp which takes a simple
>> config file. You have to recompile osm2shp if you change that file.
>> The default config is similar to the original osm2shp.
> And .. what does it actually do? Ie. what is different with your
> preprocessor?
It's easier to config.

Compare
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/export/osm2shp/osm2shp.config
(the original) with
https://github.com/plepe/osm2shp/blob/master/osm2shp.cfg (my version)

For sure, the original version is more powerful, my version is simpler.

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich