[OSM-dev] Node stuck in the database?

Phil! Gold phil_g at pobox.com
Sat Dec 25 15:51:42 GMT 2010

* Matt Amos <zerebubuth at gmail.com> [2010-12-24 20:12 +0000]:
> there were a few dead processes holding locks in the database, mainly
> changeset closes for some reason. i've killed these and the locks have
> been released. could you please try again and let me know if you're
> still able to reproduce the stall on any of those nodes?

That seems to have worked.  My first upload (changeset 6757192) died part
of the way through with this console message:

  PUT http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/393386023... Internal Server Error
  Waiting 10 seconds ... OK - trying again.
  Starting retry 1 of 5.
  PUT http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/393386023... Conflict

When I tried the upload again (changeset 6758910), everything succeeded,
including node 393386023.

Thanks!

--- --