[OSM-dev] mod_tile svn's project variables 1)hardcoded 2)in many files

Jonathan-David SCHRODER jonathan.schroder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 00:09:38 GMT 2010

Hi,
for the render_expired.c program (;-) )..
maximum zoom values all equal 18 and are hardcoded
this namely also concerns the twopow[18] array

thus the following macros give a segfault if all values 18 are replaced by
something > 18 ; but it works ok for values <= 18 (tested with 16)
#define TILE_REQUESTED(z,x,y) \

(tile_requested[z][((x)*twopow[z]+(y))/(8*sizeof(int))]>>(((x)*twopow[z]+(y))%(8*sizeof(int))))&0x01
#define SET_TILE_REQUESTED(z,x,y) \
   tile_requested[z][((x)*twopow[z]+(y))/(8*sizeof(int))] |= (0x01 <<
(((x)*twopow[z]+(y))%(8*sizeof(int))));

this expression : tile_requested[z][((x)*twopow[z]+(y))/(8*sizeof(int))]
alone has been tested to be enough to trigger a segfault when function
pipe's parameter z=30-3=27

I apologize to not be able to dig further...

can someone help remove the segfault if all 18 values are replaced by
MAX_ZOOM (<=define included from render_config.h) and MAZ_ZOOM is different
from 18 ?

Thanks so much in advance !!

Jonathan-David Schröder