[OSM-dev] Problems with own Mapnik-installation

Christian H. Bruhn brogo at arcor.de
Fri Feb 5 20:55:10 GMT 2010

Hello Jon,

> You don't really need a new copy of the executable, the default.style
> rules file gets updated fairly frequently and can be downloaded from:

> http://trac.openstreetmap.org/browser/applications/utils/export/osm2pgsql/default.style?format=raw

Finally, everything works. Only if I use the generate_tiles.py with a
NUM_THREADS greater than 1 python crashes after a few seconds. (I have
an Intel I7 so that at least 4 should work.) There will be a window
"phyton.exe" that only says "python.exe doesn't work anymore". The
number of connections of the database is -1, I also tried 2 or more.

How often are boundaries and coastlines
(world_boundaries-spherical.tgz, processed_p.tar.bz2,
shoreline_300.tar.bz2) updated? How can I see from which date they
are?

Christian