[OSM-dev] Help: Bus Stop Data Extraction for Bus Routing Service

Stephan Plepelits skunk at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Feb 9 10:15:51 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 11:04:31AM +0100, Shuyan Chen wrote:
> When we came to extract bus data from the element of “Relation”, we found the
> stopping point data in a relation are always incomplete in bus route data,
> meanwhile, we also noticed there are bus stopping points in the ways which are
> contained in a bus route relation.
>
> What is the difference between the stop nodes within a relation and the nodes
> tagged as “bus_stop” in highways which are also contained in a relation?
As I understand it, a node which is a bus stop should be tagged as
highway=bus_stop with a name. If a route stop at that bus_stop, it should
be member of that relation. The role should be either stop, forward_stop or
backward_stop, to indicate whether that bus stops at that stop in both
directions or either in forward or backward direction (measured along the
way where the node is member of ... often the node is not on the way, but
next to the way).

There might be bus routes which do not stop at a certain bus stop, although
its route is going along that way (think of regional buses).

An interpretation of that data you can see in the OpenStreetBrowser[1].

[1] http://www.openstreetbrowser.org

greetings,
        Stephan
--
Seid unbequem, seid Sand, nicht Öl im Getriebe der Welt! - Günther Eich