[OSM-dev] Map of Seattle

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Sat Feb 13 01:12:43 GMT 2010

[This probably belongs on a user list, not dev.]

  I'm trying to get an OSM xml file for Seattle however whenever I try
  requesting it from OpenStreetMap.org's "Export" tab it says that the request
  is too big. I don't want to use planet.osm because that's far too large for
  the application I need. Any suggestions?

  The corner coordinates I'm looking are between:
  47.979, -122.686
  47.346, -121.522

Cloudmade has extracts by state, which are pretty manageable:

  http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/united_states/washington

you can then use osmsosis to shrink it if it isn't small enough.