[OSM-dev] My Maps Appear to be Predicting Global Warming.

Richard Ive richard at xanox.net
Fri Feb 19 14:40:58 GMT 2010

On 19 February 2010 14:24, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 February 2010 22:01, Lennard <ldp at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > The one major cause of flooded tiles is when mapnik doesn't process the
> > coastline shapefiles. At z10, it switches from the lowzoom shoreline_300
> > to the full resolution processed_p shapefile. So focus your effort on
> > that one.
>
> Also these shape files are only updated intermitently, so even if you
> make a change to fix problems with coastlines it might take weeks or a
> month before the changes will be reflected in OSM tiles.

Sorry guys, not sure I'm following here.

I understand what you mean by shape files, but I haven't changed anything on
the server at all in the 3 months I've had it up and running. The only thing
that has changed is the database, because I import daily change sets into
the gis database and even that is on a completely different physical
machine. Why should my tiles be affected, but osm.org's not?

Cheers for the replies so far! Hopefully I'll catch on soon.

--
Regards,
Richard Ive.