[OSM-dev] OSM front page design concept

Marc Schütz schuetzm at gmx.net
Sun Feb 21 10:32:50 GMT 2010

Am Sonntag 21 Februar 2010 09:55:40 schrieb Apollinaris Schoell:
> > openstreetbugs is basically there but has a crappy UI. It needs to be
> >
> > 1) click 'feedback' or 'problem'
> > 2) enter problem
> > 3) click ok
>
> ok and then? who will pick it up and fix it?
> look at openstreetbugs and most could be closed right away. the feedback
> from most people is useless. a comment "footways are missing in this park"
> doesn't help much if there is no experienced mapper willing to survey. And
> someone able to write a detailed and useful description will be able to
> Potlatch* in the same time

It's not that bad actually. There are basically two classes of bugs: those that
can be fixed immediately ("The name of this street is spelled wrong", "This xxx
doesn't exist anymore"), and those that require someone to go out and actually
look at the situation there and record GPS traces. The latter are far more
frequent. Of course they will not be fixed immediately, but they serve as a
great reminder of where something is still missing or needs to be fixed. When I
find the time, I sometimes go on "bug-closing tours".

IMO, OSB is already working quite well as it is. If we can integrate it more
prominently into the OSM website, the better.

Regards, Marc