[OSM-dev] OSM front page design concept

Marc Schütz schuetzm at gmx.net
Sun Feb 21 11:41:29 GMT 2010

> > It's not that bad actually. There are basically two classes of bugs:
> > those that can be fixed immediately ("The name of this street is spelled
> > wrong", "This xxx doesn't exist anymore"), and those that require
> > someone to go out and actually look at the situation there and record
> > GPS traces. The latter are far more frequent. Of course they will not be
> > fixed immediately, but they serve as a great reminder of where something
> > is still missing or needs to be fixed. When I find the time, I sometimes
> > go on "bug-closing tours".
>
> You do it because you are one of the "German's" mentioned in later in the
> original mail. and this is good for the german part of osm but it does
> (not yet) work in all other places

I don't see why it shouldn't. For me, entering bugs and notes (=metadata) is
work just as important as entering data. It doesn't matter if no one works on
those bugs for a long time. I assume we have exponential growth in other places
too, so sooner or later it will get done, it just takes some time. Meanwhile,
it's good to have something to keep track of all the meta-information that
people have already contributed.

Regards, Marc