[OSM-dev] Nominatim json -- coment

Brian Quinion openstreetmap at brian.quinion.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 13:55:07 GMT 2010

>> This content needs to be in the file.  Feel free to suggest
>> alternative ways to format or present it but I don't think straight
>> removal is possible.
> I doubt that it "needs to be in the file"; the OSM API hands out OSM data
> without such comments and has worked quite well for a few years now!

I've added it because people are using the api to geocode whole
databases and I wanted to make sure they were fully aware of the
license the data was under.

Above seems like the 0.6 API is isn't compliant with CC-By-SA?

> If you feel it must be there, is there a JSON-compliant way to encapsulate
> it in a variable inside the structure returned?

I have moved it into a property (which should be compliant but is
slightly larger download).

--
 Brian