[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql - coordinates units

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:13:36 GMT 2010

I think I have found the problem - I was using planet_osm_nodes lat and lon
fields.  If I use the planet_osm_point way field, and extract the
coordinates using ST_X() and ST_Y() all of the numbers match up.

You can see the factor of 100 difference if you do:
      select id,lat,lon,astext(way) from planet_osm_nodes, planet_osm_point
where id=osm_id and id=27496146;

This gives:
   mapnik=# select id,lon,lat,astext(way) from planet_osm_nodes,
planet_osm_point where id=osm_id and id=27496146;
       id    |    lon    |    lat    |
astext

----------+-----------+-----------+-------------------------------------------
    27496146 | -13446488 | 730126793 | POINT(-134464.883471724
7301267.93936479)
   (1 row)

   mapnik=#

Is this a bug in osm2pgsql, or a 'feature'?   Does anything use the lat/lon
fields?

Graham.

--
Dr. Graham Jones