[OSM-dev] full history planet (experimental)

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 05:14:40 GMT 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 19:17, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Lars Francke <lars.francke at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Are there any other bugs/strange things you've encountered? I haven't
>> had the time to look at the final file myself.
>
> The num_changes data is weird.
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/2212421
>
> 4 nodes + 25 ways + 8 relations=37 changes.  But it's listed as
> num_changes=35.  And it's not because some elements have multiple versions,
> because excluding duplicates would bring the number below 35.

You're right. I tried to check everything and num_changes seems to be
updated correctly in every API call. So I don't really have a clue why
this might happen. Is this the only changeset with that problem or
could you find multiple problems?

> I assume that's not the fault of the dumper, but a corruption in the
> database.

I'm going to assume the same for now but it'd be nice if someone could
check the database. I just write the number unprocessed as it comes
from the database query to XML. Instead of dropping it from the export
it'd be nice if we could find the problem and fix the database but if
those values prove to be incorrect most of the time it should probably
be dropped or at least be documented.

I guess I should really take the time to try to validate the history
export some day.

Cheers,
Lars