[OSM-dev] Export of GPX data ("planet.gpx")

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 02:14:12 GMT 2010

A quick status update.

I've done some more work and pushed a first incomplete version to my
bitbucket repository[1]. I've never tested this so there are bound to
be bugs. Tom pointed out a mistake I made with the private traces. So
there'll be one public.gpx with all the trackpoints from all private
traces combined. Today I've implemented parts of the custom GPX
writing code and I plan to finish the rest in the next few days and
then test it.

I've also been contacted about this tool and someone is interested in
finishing or doing his own version of it. I've given him the code and
permission I've written so far to do whatever he wants with it. He
needs the planet.gpx data more desperately than me so he might chose
to finish the tool if I take too long :)

Either way I hope we'll have a solution sometime next week ready to be tested.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] http://bitbucket.org/lfrancke/planetgpxdump/