[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql deltas

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jan 18 12:05:06 GMT 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, John Smith wrote:

> You can stuff the new diff files straight into osm2pgsql, it's all I'm
> doing, I coded my own shell script to keep track of where my system is
> up to and to pull new ones when they are available.

I think thats what I'm going to have to do.  I can't figure out how to get
Osmosis to work - it just sits there doing nothing when I fire it up with
"--rri --simc --wxc blah.osc".  Even with "-v 9" on the commandline all I
get is it sitting there saying "FINE: Reading current server state." and
doing nothing more. :(

I'm just exceptionally dubious about stuffing minutely deltas directly
into osm2pgsql - my system struggles to keep up at times anyway, forcing
it to catch up using only minutely deltas seems a recipe for disaster
because my experience is that applying minutely deltas has a significant
overhead when compared to daily deltas.

--

  - Steve