[OSM-dev] Status of PHPRoute?

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Jul 2 11:56:52 BST 2010

Hello everyone,

I am potentially going to be involved with a work project which will involve using routing, however we are going to need custom functionality, so wish to deploy a routing engine and a copy of the OSM database for our city on our own server and, crucially, modify it for our needs (so an open source engine is an absolute must). PHP would be the optimal language so PHPRoute seems interesting, however development seems to have stopped.

Is this usable for basic routing at the moment? i.e. could it route you from a start point (e.g. POI) to an end point (e.g another POI) within a city?

Thanks,
Nick