[OSM-dev] [josm-dev] Problem with large changeset

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 09:54:52 BST 2010

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 5:56 AM, Alan Mintz <Alan_Mintz+OSM at earthlink.net> wrote:

> If you retrieve a node with
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/54530540 , you get a longitude
> with 7 decimal places. If, as JOSM does, you retrieve objects by bounding
> box with http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=... you only get 6
> decimal places.

Good spot. I'm not seeing this on api06.dev, so I'm waggling the
finger of blame towards cgimap. My reading of

http://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-cgimap/blob/master/src/writer.cpp#L131

suggests* that double results are printed to (a maximum of) 9
significant figures, which is fine for latitude and fine if all your
testing longitudes cover, say, UK and Germany.

Cheers,
Andy

* IANAHardcoreC++Programmer so I might be barking up the wrong tree