[OSM-dev] routing application

Leonardo Gaona leogaona at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:39:41 BST 2010

Hello.
I'm trying to develop a web application that can display the route of
transport like:

http://3liz.fr/public/osmtransport/
I would like to develop with java. but I accept suggestions of other tools
for developing.

My question is how it should work with maps?

-> Make inquiries and obtain vector data in xml format? without having to
download maps referenced only the area that needs and work on it

-> Or downloading the raster images (tiles) and load the maps in my database
and then rendering with mapnik or Osmarender

Thanking your answers and help with the issue.