[OSM-dev] Today's hacking project: GitHub OpenStreetMap mirror

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 13:48:16 BST 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 18:48, Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like github just came out with "organizations". Would it make sense to
> convert the openstreetmap account to an organization?
> Link to convert is here: https://github.com/account/organizations
> Info about organizations
> feature: http://github.com/blog/674-introducing-organizations

Thanks for the heads-up. It seems like the main benefit is unified
account management, which we don't have to deal with since the
openstreetmap account is (still) only for mirroring.

If some people are interested in commiting there it'd be useful to
change it over. But as it is I'd rather have "Public Activity" on the
right pane of http://github.com/openstreetmap, rather than
"Organization members". All other things being equal.

Maybe I've missed something and there are other benefits. Thanks for
the heads-up, in any case.