[OSM-dev] Creation of dataset for import

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 17:15:49 BST 2010

On 19 July 2010 17:09, 80n <80n80n at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm just starting a project that will create a load of data for OSM, but
> will be done off-line based on a static copy of planet.osm.
>
> What I want to know is how to create that data so that it is most easily
> imported back into the main database.
>
> It will comprise a lot of new buildings and garden fences but will also
> comprise plenty of other things (road re-alignments, new roads, open spaces,
> etc) and will be created by a team of people tracing from aerial imagery.
>
> So faced with planet.osm and surrey.osm how can they best be merged?

Hello,

some people have been doing some kind of merges in France. One is the BMO
import which had an incremental road import.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/BMO
Also for Corine, we spent lots of time looking at overlaps and I suspect
some extension of those techniques could be used.

Emilie Laffray