[OSM-dev] OSM History Retriever

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:42:33 BST 2010

> At SOTM I talked to Lars Francke about his history dump script that was run once or twice a few months ago. He said it would definitely be feasible to implement an extent parameter but that would require some significant rewriting effort. I am willing to look into this but it's in Java which is not my weapon of choice.. I would love to have a full history for a few larger areas at some point so it would make sense for me to implement this.

The code is here: https://bitbucket.org/lfrancke/historydump/src (but
as you mentioned: it's Java)

And as Tom has mentioned this would probably have to be an external
service but that requires quite a few resources. If anyone has servers
to spare I bet we can put them to good use :)
And there's always the problem with ways crossing the area and things
moving in and out of the area in question over time etc.
If there is anything I can do to help let me know!

Cheers,
Lars