[OSM-dev] detect running JOSM from web pages

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Thu Jul 29 10:15:42 BST 2010

John Smith wrote:
> On 29 July 2010 18:07, Stephan Knauss <osm at stephans-server.de> wrote:
>> I did add a version to the interface. That's why it's called "protocol
>> version".
> Wouldn't it be better to just ask about capabilities, then you could
> in theory, turn capabilities on or off depending on your circumstance
> or preferences, rather than having the capabilities fixed.

if you think of the commands as capabilities then we have that already.
In the preferences you can turn on or off each command.

Currently there is no command to query these settings. A client has to
try and evaluate error codes.

In theory the version command could be used for that as well. Adding a
version to the signature of each command as well.

For what RemoteControl currently offer I think the interface in it's
existing version is fine. Future changes might lead to a versioning of
these signatures.
Not over-engineering the interface right now.

Stephan