[OSM-dev] USGS fork of OpenStreetMap

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:37:22 BST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 4:18 AM, Eric Wolf <ebwolf at gmail.com> wrote:

> The OODB license that OSM uses places requirements on data consumers.

Eric, it's really neither accurate nor helpful to refer to OSM as being
licensed under OODB... ;)

I guess you intended to say ODbL instead of OODB, but even so, neither is
correct.  OSM content is licensed under CC-BY-SA.

There is a process in place to move it to ODbL but until that actually
happens, if it ever does, it is firmly licensed under CC-BY-SA.  At the
current rate of progress it will continue to be licensed under CC-BY-SA for
some time yet.

80n