[OSM-dev] Multilingual Maps Overlays

Claudius claudius.h at gmx.de
Sat Jun 19 15:22:14 BST 2010

Am 19.06.2010 13:22, Peter Körner:
> Am 19.06.2010 13:13, schrieb Claudius:
>> A better approach would require country- or location-aware rules for
>> choosing fallback languages.
> There is nor technical probelm here. If we had a fallback chain like:
>
> de: de,en,fr
> ru: ru,cz

I'm still wondering if this approach isn't too easy. Aren't there some
areas where I would prefer not to show the english name but the regional
one for the german view? e.g. in the Netherlands or some spanish
regions... it's probably best to just try it out

In which format would you like the list and where would you want to
integrate it into your stylesheet? I guess you would perform this via
PostgreSQL views.

Claudius