[OSM-dev] TRAPI status

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 15:12:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 3:52 AM, Blars Blarson
> <openstreetmap-dev at scd.debian.net> wrote:
>
> > This is just to let you all know TRAPI development has been suspended
> > and may never resume.
>
> That's a great shame. Would it be possible for you to commit to svn
> the work-in-progress, in case anyone wants to finish off your hard
> work at some point in the future?
>
> Also, forgive me if this shows my ignorance of TRAPI, but do you think
> it would be feasible to rework the import to use osmosis for the
> replication diff fetching? I was thinking that a custom output plugin
> could be created to write out the osm data in whichever format was
> needed for the rest of the TRAPI update process.

I started working on a streaming XML output plugin for Osmosis. I was
intending to take advantage of PuSH/PubSubHub messaging and maybe even XMPP
(so that you get a 1-min delayed IM when someone changes something in your
bbox).

Anyway, TRAPI could use this same plugin to apply updates to their database.