[OSM-dev] New beta of khtml map online

Bernhard zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Tue Mar 9 08:49:29 GMT 2010

hi all

There is a new version of my map online:
http://www.khtml.org/iphonemap/

The library is free software.

It's still work in progress, but should give you a first impression.
Please try a webkit browser (Chrome, Safari,...).
Firefox does not support hardware accelerated image zoom and is much
slower.

As a next step I'm looking for a home for this project.
I  don't really like sourceforge. It tried to use google code, but no
success to start a project there.
What's the best opensource site at the moment?
It should have mailinglist, svn, bugtracking,...

Please have a look at the API. It's easy to change it now. Later it will
be not so easy if projects depend on it.

Open Issues:

There are many bugs. It makes not much sense to report this bugs at the
moment.
When I have a bugtracking system, you are welcome to do so.
The input field for search is not editable at chrome(linux). You can
only search for "wien". If you know why it's not editable please contact me.
There is one thing I can't solve. It's the "mousewheel speed".
On some systems the zoom is too fast on other systems the zoom is too slow.
This depends on OS, browser and maybe usersettings.
If you have an idea how to solve that, please tell me.

Feedback

There is a feedback form at the help.php page.
If you have usability ideas please post.

Payed support

If you need a special feature for the lib, please contact me.
I will continue to develop this map lib, but money can make the development
much  faster.

thanks

Bernhard