[OSM-dev] TRAPI status

Bernhard zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Wed Mar 10 12:21:06 GMT 2010

Brett Henderson schrieb:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 7:30 PM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de
> <mailto:osm-lists at mazdermind.de>> wrote:
>
>     >     I started working on a streaming XML output plugin for
>     Osmosis. I
>     >     was intending to take advantage of PuSH/PubSubHub messaging and
>     >     maybe even XMPP (so that you get a 1-min delayed IM when someone
>     >     changes something in your bbox).
>     >
>     >     Anyway, TRAPI could use this same plugin to apply updates to
>     their
>     >     database.

What about a XMPP "groupchat" for changesets?

It's easy:
....login...
<presence to="osm at conference.osm.org/osm"

<message to="osm at conference.osm.org" type="groupchat" id="58">
<changeset>  ....</changeset>
</message>

The OSM Server should send all changesets to this groupchat.
If  somebody wants the changesets he can connect to the groupchat and
will get the changesets.
If the  messages get an incrementing serial number, it should be
possible to load changesets if
they are missing because of whatever.

I don't know if a jabber server is able to handle the load. But facebook
also uses ejabberd (free software) and it's working.

If somebody wants to implement pubsub he can use the input from
groupchat and load it to pubsub. That should be easy.

Bernhard