[OSM-dev] db:migrate

Kirill Bestoujev bestoujev at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 07:46:43 GMT 2010

Hi!

I'm trying to create the osm postgre db with db:migrate. The process fails.

==  AddMoreChangesetIndexes: migrating
-- add_index("changesets", ["created_at"],
{:name=>"changesets_created_at_idx"})
   -> 0.0059s
-- add_index("changesets", ["closed_at"],
{:name=>"changesets_closed_at_idx"})
   -> 0.0128s
-- add_index("changesets", ["min_lat", "max_lat", "min_lon", "max_lon"],
{:method=>"GIST", :name=>"changesets_bbox_idx"})
rake aborted!
An error has occurred, this and all later migrations canceled:

PGError: ERROR:  data type integer has no default operator class for access
method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default
operator class for the data type.
: CREATE  INDEX "changesets_bbox_idx" ON "changesets" USING GIST ("min_lat",
"max_lat", "min_lon", "max_lon")

As far as I see the migration contains an error - min_lat, min_lonm max_lat,
max_lon are integer, not geometry, so it is impossible to build a gist index
on them...

Looks like it should be changed from gist to btree.

Kirill