[OSM-dev] request for hosting of WMS layers

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 07:13:04 GMT 2010

Dear Dev Team,

I would like to request that my WMS layers for the albanian flooding crisis
get hosted on dev.openstreetmap.org.
we have setup a server for them, and I am happy to host them, but it would
be better to have them on the osm server.

Just yesterday I setup a WMS server for ontario, and we are getting more and
more crisis map sat data coming in.
My server is getting slower and slower... and running out of memory.

What do you think? Would it be possible.

I am hosting only data that is available and permitted for usage in OSM, we
are getting more and more data every day from albania for example,and It
would be great to work with osm more closely in getting this hosted for
tracing and processing.

of course I agree to the policy of server account, I personally only use
free software unless forced to otherwise.

thanks,
mike