[OSM-dev] gpx upload php code

Bernhard zwischenbrugger bz at datenkueche.com
Wed Mar 17 13:13:40 GMT 2010

hi

I'm working now on a iPhone GPS recorder for my browser map. The GPS
data are in the mobile-db and can be uploaded to my server. It's a gpx
string.

It should be possible to direct upload the data to the OSM servers.
I found already the API doc.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Protocol_Version_0.6#Uploading_Traces

Is there a php fragment somewhere, that handles the multipart-formencode
and http auth?

If there is a file_put_contents version I would prefer it to curl.
Something like:

putToOSM(gpxstring, username, passwort);

Whould be nice.
If I do it myself it takes a day.
If somebody has that kind of php fragement, I would like to have it.

Next question:
How do I use the development server?
I'm sure my gpx files are the best in the world, but one or two testruns
are nessessary I think.

One more question:
The geolocation API give a parameter "accuracy". There is no direct
equivalent tag in gpx.
Should I drop it?

thanks

Bernhard