[OSM-dev] gpx upload php code

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:19:37 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Bernhard zwischenbrugger
<bz at datenkueche.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> OAuth is cool, I take it.
> But are there pages for iPhone?
> If there is already an infrastructure, it's perfect and I have less work.

I know that there's one iPhone app (Mapzen POI collector) that's using
OAuth for OSM, but AFAIK the code for that is closed-source. Maybe
someone from CloudMade would write some documentation to help other
iPhone developers?

> It would be very easy for me to log username/password combinations.
> You have to trust me. But maybe I will take over your OSM account.

That's what we're trying to avoid - it's much better for mappers if
they don't face a choice between security and a cool app.

> It's all open source and if somebody wants to do the oauth ok.
> I will not do it.

That's a shame, I hope you find time and motivation to work on OAuth
for your app.

Cheers,
Andy