[OSM-dev] Edit question with respect to a changeset representation

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 19 07:57:20 GMT 2010

Hi,

Thomas Emge wrote:
> I am not insisting on using the JOSM format - if there is another,
> more suitable, format then I will change the approach for my editor.

osmChange is more widely supported (bulk uploaders, osmosis, changeset
upload). The JOSM format is only used by JOSM and nobody else as far as
I know.

> In other
> words it is the responsibility of the editing client to maintain
> integrity, correct?

As has been said - yes it is, but the API will not allow irresponsible
clients to break things ;-)

> You've also mentioned that the order of sending the updates is
> important. Can all three "actions" be included in the same file and
> the order in the file is important

Yes they can. The osmChange file can also have multiple sections of each
(and will sometimes *have* to).

Bye
Frederik