[OSM-dev] [Imports] Inserting OSM data

John Robert Peterson jrp.crs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 15:28:35 GMT 2010

I've long considered that it would be good to have a system whereby anyone
modifying a specified subset of the database would be presented with a
message for them to read before comitting.

This would be implemented with a special key that all editing software would
be encouraged to support.

In this case the message would read "please don't delete my IDs"

It would also be useful in instances of unintentional vandalism, or that
case where there was an edit war over some change of road layout between a
local that knew the ground and a remote user with out of date yahoo data.

Just a thought.

JR