[OSM-dev] Project Proposal - Waze Integration

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:17:59 GMT 2010

Hello Graham,

AFAIK Waze wants to build their own map of the world and sees OSM as
competition. Waze has already imported TIGER, which is PD and I don't
think Waze will be a viable concept without TIGER. SteveC reviewed
their Iphone app on his blog.

There is however scope for building our own Waze infrastructure:
1. Mobile apps for collecting tracklogs. Or libraries that app
developers can use.
2. A repository for GPX data that does not have the privacy concerns
our repository current have.
3. Algorithms for fixing TIGER data using GPX tracks and / or
detecting delays in the road network.

Regards,
Nic