[OSM-dev] GSoC - Travel Time Analysis

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 24 23:12:01 GMT 2010

Hi Lukas,
I am glad you are interested in contgributing to OpenStreetMap.
You will see that today there has been quite a bit of discussion on this
list about collecting and analysing traffic information.  I am sure you
could make a valuable contribution to such a project.
You are suggesting basing a project on the suggestion on the ideas list to
use the GPX files in the osm database.  The analysis method you develop
could also be used in a more real time application if someone were to
develop a service to collect and process GPX traces.
I recommend that you have a look at our application template and start to
draft an application based on your email.  The main things to develop are
the scope of the project (to judge success against), and a project
plan/timeline to convince yourself (and us) that the project is achievable.
There is a link from our ideas page to a page to store draft proposals for
comment if you would like to use it.

Regards

Graham Jones
(from my phone)