[OSM-dev] Getting the replication-sequenceNumber by date

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Thu Mar 25 21:23:31 GMT 2010

> Very nice, simple, quick.
And a little hacky, but well - it works.

> The half hour delay could be gone if this service ran on the diff server
> (or close to it).

I could just set up the cronjob runtime, but I didn't want to overload
willow if it's not really neccessary. If you enter a date that is not
yet in the db, you'll get a state-file that is at most 1/2 hour old. in
most cases (eg starting with an import) this is no problem.

I don't see a benefit from running this in the osm server environment,
it can be absolutely handled external.

Peter