[OSM-dev] hstore / db schema Was: Query-Formats

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Fri Mar 26 10:05:57 GMT 2010

Brett Henderson schrieb:
>     I am currently building most of my applications around the osmosis
>     db schema but the split into node and node_tags and way and way_tags
>     is - hum - not very efficient.
>
> The current schema is fairly naive in its implementation.  I hadn't
> heard of hstore when implementing it.  Perhaps the current schema needs
> an upgrade :-)

I'd suggest collecting more info about hstore-performance before
changing anything. We're on the planet.import on dev-server and there's
also a ticket open to get hstore-new to the wikimedia toolservers. There
you can play with it and test its performance and if it's good then we
should definitely give it a try!

Peter