[OSM-dev] OSM Data Update

Andreas Höschler ahoesch at smartsoft.de
Mon Mar 29 17:26:00 BST 2010

Hi all,

I just had an issue with our map server. The maps between Lübeck and
Hamburg (Germany) were fine for a couple of weeks. I ran a script over
night that pulled some updates from the OSM server, deleted superfluous
ways, created new ways in our private database based on the downloaded
OSM and regenerated the tiles for this area. The result was that 20km
of A1 between Lübeck and Hamburg vanished.

I am wondering whether this is due to some kind of bug in our software
or due to someone replacing all these ways with new ones!? Anyone
worked on this during the last 24h?

I just would like to find the bug, if if there is one in our software.
But if this is to be expectd due to heavy OSM data changes ...

Thanks a lot,

  Andreas