[OSM-dev] drop in users

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Sun May 9 00:42:59 BST 2010

Three cheers for OSM's top hitman!

This will make a lot of people happy. Heck, I might even start reading the
blogs again.
As such, I think it might be nice if a geodata blog post was made or a
message sent to the talk list. Simply saying a system has been rolled in
that detects and suspends accounts for checking should suffice, without
giving away spam-secret formulas.

On 8 May 2010 16:23, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> On 09/05/10 00:17, SteveC wrote:
>
> > awesome :-)
> >
> > how did you identify them?
>
> I wrote some code at the hack weekend to score users by analysing their
> descriptions and diary entries and it got deployed on Thursday night.
> Users whose score gets too high get suspended and then I can review the
> list of suspended accounts and either reactivate them or kill them off.
>
> The big drop came from running it over the existing user base...
>
> Tom
>
> --
> Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
> http://compton.nu/