[OSM-dev] Trouble getting mod_tile and apache talking

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Mon May 10 22:49:20 BST 2010

On 10/05/10 16:41, Pieren wrote:
> I had a similar issue few days ago. What is your render_config.h ? is it
> the original version with:
>
> #define DIRECTORY_HASH
> #define HASH_PATH "/var/lib/mod_tile
>
> ?

Yes, I have that.

> If yes, the hash tiles are stored in that path (if the dir exists).
> Either create a symlink or change the render_config.h, recompile and
> deploy (I also restart apache).

I have created that directory (/var/lib/mod_tile), and the permissions
on it are 777. I have created a subdirectory (/var/lib/mod_tile/default)
for the only map section in my /etc/renderd.conf, that directory is also
777.

> If your apache config is:
> DocumentRoot /my_root_tiles_path
> ../..
> <Directory /my_root_tiles_path/>
>
> then set #define HASH_PATH "my_root_tiles_path" in render_config.h

My DocumentRoot for this virtual host is /var/www/technomancy.org,
however I shouldn't need to set the HASH_PATH (a.k.a. tile_dir) to that,
right? I'd like the map tiles served from /openirishmap_tiles/, i.e. not
the root of the site.

Also I checked the output of apache2ctl -t -D DUMP_MODULES and the
tile_module is loaded.

Rory