[OSM-dev] Postgres 8.4 performance trouble in osm2pgsql setup

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu May 13 14:29:54 BST 2010

It's probably worth reporting if you can find a test case. However,
I'd first suggest:

- Ruling out caching effects. It's not just because the 8.3 database
has been running for a while already and the 8.4 has just started up?

- Are the two servers configured the same. Compare the config files,
is the same tuning applied to both?

At the psql promt you can do a "SHOW ALL" to see all the parameters. A
quick diff will tell you about major changes.

Hope this helps,