[OSM-dev] OSM Architecture

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Fri May 14 23:13:29 BST 2010

2010/5/14 Iván Sánchez Ortega <ivan at sanchezortega.es>:
> On Friday 14 May 2010 17:32:25 Frederik Ramm wrote:
>> OSM as it is today has not been drafted at the desk
>
> "At the desk"? More like "on paper napkins at the pub"!

You Know too Much! Yes!

But Matt and TomH has done the real work, they are just being modest.

We have had a few hardware upgrades.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Servers/Upgrades#Upgrade_History
But we too have had had some amazing software upgrades:

cgimap, additional key indexes, i18n, translations, antispam, git...
coming soon: openid and intergrated openstreetbugs needing somework.
and nominatim2 and Tirex
and Potlatch2!
and designs and patterns master.

planning: Matt also put together an awesome hw document together base
on the munin stats. Is it available online anywhere?

We also had a day log planning meeting, matt made minutes.
We have been spending around 10k each upgrade, little more this time coming.

"** international (US, AU) tile proxies wanted
** horntail needs more disk (via irc: further discussion of an
enclosure, unsure which, any sponsors?)
** new wiki server might not be able to take the strain - may need new
new wiki server
** due to price rising on rarer, older RAM, now might be a good time
to upgrade smaug's RAM"

munin used for trends... sometime pastebin for extra stats. Like
recently, traffic per country... north america proxy soon?

but yes, at the pub too.

/ Grant