[OSM-dev] Elevation Data

Graham Jones grahamjones139 at googlemail.com
Sat May 15 16:04:57 BST 2010

Hi Aditya,
The OSM database does not include a lot of elevation data (unless anyone has
tagged peaks etc. with elevation data).  There are a couple of 'recipes' for
adding SRTM elevation data to OSM derived maps at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Contours.

Dealing with the SRTM data is a bit fiddly, so I have sometimes fancied
setting up a server to serve tiles on the same projection etc. as the OSM
slippymap to make it easy to process, but I have never got around to doing
it!

Graham.

On 15 May 2010 15:49, Aditya Vikram Thoomati <adivik2000 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does Open Street Map include  elevation data??

Dr. Graham Jones
Hartlepool, UK
email: grahamjones139 at gmail.com