[OSM-dev] projection for calculating distances in PostGIS

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:58:41 BST 2010

On 20 May 2010 06:50, Marcus Wolschon <Marcus at wolschon.biz> wrote:
> No, I do need the "&&" = st_intersects() and after the intersects() the
> result is checked for distance.

Use which ever function works best for you, I was just making a
suggest that didn't need distance calculations.

>  Both the creation of the bounding-box and
> the distance -calculation require a projection.

That's simple, if you are already generating such projections you can
make a bounding square and create a new area and then use a function
to find anything that falls partially within that area.