[OSM-dev] I have created software for processing OSM data into networked graph structure

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sat May 22 18:37:15 BST 2010

Daniel Lissner wrote:
> So, I am writing the mailing list to ask if the osm developer
> community would find any use for this little utility which
> creates a connected graph structure of Ways, either as a
> straightforward set of java objects or as a MySQL database.
> OSM has benefited our research and I would certainly like
> to give back.

That sounds really useful. Would be great to see it.

Probably the most helpful thing would be if you could upload it to our
Subversion repository (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/SVN) with a
licence that would encourage others to play with it. Reposting the
explanation on the wiki would also be good, in case people want to
reimplement it in other languages (for example) - it's a bit more accessible
than the mailing list archives.

cheers
Richard