[OSM-dev] Complex JOSM filtering rules

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed May 26 14:22:56 BST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 13:08, John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for posting to this list, but I didn't feel like joining yet
> another mailing list for one question.
>
> I want to be able to hide all admin boundaries in JOSM using the
> filter method, except admin boundaries that have highway=* or
> waterway=* or natural=* tags also, I haven't been able to figure out
> the right combination of filters to achieve this.

Filters are just search queries, so you can do e.g.:

    boundary=administrative -(highway=* | waterway=* | natural=*)

If you want to hide boundary relations you can put that query in a ()
and OR it together with one that searches for ways that are part of a
boundary relation, use the child/parent operators for that.