[OSM-dev] start of gwtosm the google webtoolkit port of josm

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Wed May 26 20:35:03 BST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 19:17, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com wrote:
>> I have refactored some core classes in josm to run in gwt.
>> this includes most of  data classes. I am porting the graphic output
>> to use gwt graphics and svg output.
>
> Might be worth taking this to the josm-dev list. Also, to those
> unfamiliar with gwt, explain the advantages.

These examples might be useful: http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/examples/

Basically it's a Java to JavaScript compiler and UI toolkit. You can
write Java which is then magically compiled to a web application.

This is a great development. It might also help to generalize the JOSM
core more, right now it's very tightly bound to its current UI. It
would be neat if there was a Java libosm that could be used for stuff
like this, and things like Android apps.