[OSM-dev] Error 403 for some users in Switzerland

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun May 30 14:24:18 BST 2010

On 30/05/10 11:16, Andreas Fuchs wrote:

> Some users in Switzerland, including me, do have problems to access
> www.openstretmap.org
>
> We get an: Error
>
>   403 - Forbidden
>
> access to wiki.openstreetmap.org is ok
>
> are there some IP ranges blocked? my public ip is: 87.237.172.17
> the problem exists since over a week now.

There aren't ranges blocked, no. That specific address is blocked
however,and has been since 2nd May.

Unfortunately I don't quite have logs back that far so I can't say
exactly why but it was almost certainly because of some sot of bulk
scraping of data from the api.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)